CL v3 new PEQ

Re: CL v3 new PEQ

It just works for the way I do things. I like to use inserts as opposed to multiple channels for various instruments coming down the same line. i.e. a multi-instrumentalist who plays several acoustic instruments on the same channel. The "premium" PEQs have gain controls, which is what I have been using, so I was hoping they would have gains on the new PEQs as well.

Hmm, that's in interesting concept.

Just so I understand you use the channel eq for the primary instrument then make changes for the others using inserted that you bypass when using the primary instrument?

You can now series a pair of processors on the same insert so not hard to pop in a parametric EQ and a comp with only gain changed but if your accomplishing this with scene changes rather than bypassing or engaging the insert it would be easy enough to write the change into the preamp or digital gain. I've only been using the eight band parametric for speaker zone processing inserted into mix or matrix outs as the hi/low pass filter can be set for 24db/oct. I much prefer the Focusrite EQ plug in for instruments. What bummed me about the dual inserts though is that they can only be seriesed as a pair in the same insert point, not one prefade and one post fade as you might want for say a nice comp in the channel with a Dugan on the fader output.

Something like that. More like channel eq for general adjustment (typically high-pass filter only) and inserted eq for channel eq and level compensation.

but if your accomplishing this with scene changes rather than bypassing or engaging the insert it would be easy enough to write the change into the preamp or digital gain.
It's easier for me when you have lots of scenes and a player goes back and forth between instruments to use inserts rather than un-safeing eqs and preamps and messing around with global paste.

What bummed me about the dual inserts though is that they can only be seriesed as a pair in the same insert point, not one prefade and one post fade as you might want for say a nice comp in the channel with a Dugan on the fader output.
That, in addition to not allowing inserts to patch to Dante and a (seeming) bug where an insert return sometimes can and sometimes cannot return to a different channel than the send or return to more than one channel, and then as well no pre-on pick point for inserts are some things I hope they can rectify with a future update.

It's easier for me when you have lots of scenes and a player goes back and forth between instruments to use inserts rather than un-safeing eqs and preamps and messing around with global paste.

Alternatively, dual patch the (input) to individual processing channels and process each one to taste. Mute/Unmute the desired channel depending upon which instrument is being played.

Jeff