Coming to a City Near You!

Re: Coming to a City Near You!

Hi Stijn,

We'll be on a bus in Europe. I'm sure I'll have some time to get ''proper'' waffles!
icon_smile.gif

Evan

Might be working your Nottingham Rock City show.

PA is 8 dvDosc per side, 2 dvSub per side, 3 SB28 per side all driven off LA8's. A Yamaha DME 24 is used to route audio so we can give you just LR or you can have more control over components if you want.

Deftones brought in 3 BT218 per side and had great success getting them to play nice with the SB28's. Three per side stack nicely on top of sub enclosures.

It will be a a disco load out.

I think the closest you're coming to me is Brixton Academy. Sadly I missed out on the Southampton show on your last UK tour, but I hope it was all ok in the Guildhall (it can be a challenging space).

Certainly one of the worst rooms in North America, if not the world. The RT60 is so long you can still hear the encore of last night's gig when you show up for load in. Luckily, I've only ever had to mix monitors there.

The dressing room vibe is kinda cool though, in a drug-induced orgy sorta way.
icon_lol.gif

-C

This will be my 4th show upstairs in the ballroom. We've finally figured it enough that we can have a good show in there(believe it or not!).

Best results were 8 v-dosc a side(so far). Point the top box of the array at the balcony upstairs, and keep the rest of the array on the floor. As long as you keep the sound out of that big bowl of a roof, it isn't super super bad.
icon_lol.gif
That, and turn it down about 6dB...

I was told that when Kid Rock played there the dressing rooms weren't ''nice'' enough for him, so they hired a bunch of interior designers to make everything look better. Interesting vibes indeed!
icon_cool.gif

The pool / boiler room is still my favorite there. That place is just creepy at night!

Evan

Gargoyles and all...you are right it is creepy.

Evan, ask to see the ''nazi trash cans'' locked away upstairs.
icon_eek.gif

Certainly one of the worst rooms in North America, if not the world. The RT60 is so long you can still hear the encore of last night's gig when you show up for load in. Luckily, I've only ever had to mix monitors there.

The dressing room vibe is kinda cool though, in a drug-induced orgy sorta way.
icon_lol.gif

-C

This place was one one of the worst place I've ever mixed ears. Our FOH guy refused to turn it down which in turn made it really bad for me.

I hope I never go there again.

Hi Evan, Have fun at the Tabernacle. Most of us in Atlanta are working tonight (got to make money to pay the bills and Fridays and Saturdays are the nights to do it) otherwise I would check you guys out. Eric