Community MX41e - any experience with this box?

Re: Community MX41e - any experience with this box?

It's nothing new, just an XLT41e rebadged and added to the monitor line since XLT was discontinued. They have a custom community woofer and an Eminence PSD2002 HF. They sound decent, get loud, are very well built, have multiple wedge angles, and two horn patterns. They're just a tad heavy. Biamping them does NOT take the passive crossover out of circuit, it only separates the inputs of the two bandpass sections.

I owned 6 back in the day.

Last edited:

It's nothing new, just an XLT41e rebadged and added to the monitor line since XLT was discontinued. They have a custom community woofer and an Eminence PSD2002 HF. They sound decent, get loud, are very well built, have multiple wedge angles, and two horn patterns. They're just a tad heavy. Biamping them does NOT take the passive crossover out of circuit, it only separates the inputs of the two bandpass sections.

I owned 6 back in the day.

I own 5 of the XLT41E for my monitor rig and they are built like a tank and, for their size, are quite heavy. In my experience bi-amping these boxes has no advantage other than controlling the level of the highs and lows since the internal crossover is always inline. I have rotated the horns and thrown them up on stands as mains in smaller rooms, and they will hold their own.

I own 5 of the XLT41E for my monitor rig and they are built like a tank and, for their size, are quite heavy. In my experience bi-amping these boxes has no advantage other than controlling the level of the highs and lows since the internal crossover is always inline. I have rotated the horns and thrown them up on stands as mains in smaller rooms, and they will hold their own.

If you rotated the horns compared to stock, then you had greater vertical dispersion than horizontal when used in the FOH location. Stock, as a monitor, the greater dispersion runs vertically for better upstage throw.