Crown Itechs and Cobranet

Silas Pradetto

Graduate Student
I'm looking at upgrading my Itech HD signal distribution to networked audio over Cobranet. There's no problem there. The problem is I want to pick up some of the old Itechs (non HD) to run some zones and fills, but I can't figure out if they ever released them with Cobranet capability. Anyone have any idea?

Re: Crown Itechs and Cobranet

Near as I can tell the original Itechs offer analog or AES3 input, but no Cobranet. There's certainly no Cobranet option in System Architect.

For what it is worth CTs amplifiers with PIP-USP3/CN cards provide Cobranet functionality. Price is right, but I don't know how CTs will hold up on the road.

Re: Crown Itechs and Cobranet

Near as I can tell the original Itechs offer analog or AES3 input, but no Cobranet. There's certainly no Cobranet option in System Architect.

For what it is worth CTs amplifiers with PIP-USP3/CN cards provide Cobranet functionality. Price is right, but I don't know how CTs will hold up on the road.

I remember seeing somewhere in literature that there was initial plans for an original Itech with cobranet....I asked for it up until the day the HD came out but never saw it.

FWIW...The new PIP4 cards are cheaper and have I-tech HD level (BSS) processing on board, still with cobanet.