CS6364 Wiring

Sep 12, 2012
SW Ontario
Bought a few Hubbell CS6364 to make Nema 14-50P to CS adapters, the CS connector is labeled W, X and Y inside.

I assume that standard procedure is that W is wired to neutral and hots are wired to X and Y, can anyone confirm?

Re: CS6364 Wiring

Bought a few Hubbell CS6364 to make Nema 14-50P to CS adapters, the CS connector is labeled W, X and Y inside.

I assume that standard procedure is that W is wired to neutral and hots are wired to X and Y, can anyone confirm?

If I'm not mistaken, W stands for "white", the standard color for neutral. If in doubt, I just find the Nema chart online and use a meter to confirm the wiring of the pins.

Yep. If there is a third phase, that would be Z. Conveniently green and ground both start with a "G" so no confusion there.

Yep. And if those connectors follow industry convention, your ground terminal should have a green screw, the neutral (labeled W) should be a nickle (silver) terminal, and the line conductors should be brass (gold) terminals.

And to add to what everyone else said, in the CD636x series of connectors, the two prongs with the wing on them are the hots.