Custom asset tags and property of labels

Graham Wakefield

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
A while back I decided that instead of being ripped off by other companies to print me permanent labels for my gear, I would buy the stuff to do it myself. The labels came out well, and rather than selling the gear for a fraction of what it's worth, or just letting it lay around here, I would offer the service to fellow LABsters. I have the capability to print both direct thermal(black and white) labels, as well as Thermal transfer labels.

to give you an idea of what I use, the gear is as such

Zebra ZM400 printer

Bartender enterprise software

wasp labeler

Zebradesigner software

IBMx206 server for printing the labels, running windows XP

Here is the letter I send with any sample request

Thank You for your interest in our printed labels and tags. I have enclosed samples of many of the different types of labels we offer. If there is something you need in specific, please feel free to call or e-mail me at any time and I will do my best to assist you.

I began offering this service after I decided that I wanted tags on all my equipment. I am doing it as a service more than a business endeavor as I thought the competitions prices for what you received was too high. I bought the best printer and software on the market at the time. All stock is LabelsDirect Premium Grade Paper, except where noted as poly, which is Labels Direct Premium Poly. I have attached a price list below so that you may be able to get an idea as to what costs for your labeling project will be. Please note that all prices include USPS first class mail shipping. Larger orders will be sent media mail. I can expedite shipping and processing, Just call or e-mail.

Direct Thermal Labels

Roll of 500 Labels

.75x1-----------------------------$8.00---------------------------------------------------- Half Roll $5.00

3x1------------------------------$9.50-----------------------------------------------------Half Roll $6.00

4x1.5---------------------------$10.50----------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$6.50

4x2-----------------------------$11.00-----------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$6.75

4x6-----------------------------$12.00-----------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$7.00

Thermal Transfer Paper

Please note that thermal transfer labels are more expensive as they require use of a ribbon and put more strain on the printer, they are a higher quality however and tend to last much longer.

Roll of 500 Labels

2.5x1-------------------------$10.00------------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$6.00

3x1---------------------------$11.00-------------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$6.50

4x6---------------------------$14.00-------------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$8.00

COMING SOON

2x1, 4x2, 4x1.5

Poly Labels

Roll of 500

4x1--------------------$14.00----------------------------------------------------------Half Roll-$8.00

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, or if you wish to place an order.

Here is the link to request samples: https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dFhZNHN HVktqeWh1OEVDaVhnU0N6Q2c6MQ

And lastly, the post with pictures on the old forums: http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/63653/21611/

Graham S. Wakefield

CEO

New England Production Services Group

1 Maple St

Durham, NH 03824-1904

[email protected]

[email protected]

603-380-6585

Re: Available: Custom asset tags/property of labels

Graham, have your thermal labels been holding up? We have a Brother thermal label printer that we used to barcode our entire inventory; we then covered the labels with clear packing tape.

All of them, over the course of a year or two, have become unreadable by the barcode scanner. Not from damage, but just from degradation of the printing and paper.

There are 2 on the bottom of my daily use and show laptop that goes everywhere with me, so far no problems and they've been there for a while

If you want ultra dourable, you want the poly labels. My day job is as a Radio Beacon WMS support tech, We use the poly's in the warehouse and you can honestly put them on the floor, run a few pallet jacks over them, and then scan them a week later.

All I have right now is them in a 4x1, but I should have a 1.5x1 within a week or 2 at most in the poly. You don;t need to packing tape it or anything really.

do you want some samples to play with? just send me a PM or a request here and I'll get them out to you

https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dFhZNHN%20HVktqeWh1OEVDaVhnU0N6Q2c6MQ

Now available:

Polyprop 1.5x1- roll of 500 shipped -$14.00

Polyprop .5x1-Roll of 600 shipped -$12.00

Will be able to start shipping them Tuesday of next week.

Samples available now, just request via the samples link above.

thanks

-Graham

Graham... are all of these labels strictly black and white? I've been wanting to get custom labels for all of my gear for some time now.. and I've been looking at the metallic/chrome type labels with black print. Is this something you can do? Is it just a matter of ordering that type of label and you printing it? I'd be interested in a roll if you can and can give me a price. Thanks. 2x1 or 1.5x1 most likeley would be the size of choice.