d&b SL series

Primoz Vozelj

Freshman
Apr 21, 2014
Anyone with info about new d&b system. In video they claim up to 24db rear rejection and they mention full bandwidth. Fulcrum FL283 has 10db rejection in the low range. What I'm interested in is this the same passive (sub)cardiod technology? I think I saw a youtube video with Dave Gunness mentioning their technology is patented.

https://www.sl-series.com

24dB is about as much that will be possible in real, allmost ideal situations. That's with different dsp processing for front en rear facing speaker. Maybe the fulcrum is a passive solution? In use it depends a lot on the situation. The 10dB rejection figure can also be a more realistic figure. The best cancelling is only for a very small bandwidth, so that does matter a lot too.

The jungle drums have been rumbling for a while now about a new top end system for d&b. The more advanced processing in the new D80 amps extended the life of J series a bit and made a big difference to the sound, but people have been expecting a replacement for a bit.

I'm reliably informed it'll be the first fully directional line array, with rear cancellation in the top boxes as well as the subs.

(maybe have more info, and know of at least one place it's been tried in the field, but not my place to share any more details, don't want to get people into any trouble lol)

Last edited:
I mixed on a system dB provided thru Spectrum in Asheville the second weekend in December. The arrays themselves are incrediblely cardiod, and during the demo the night before at the US Cellular Center standing on deck you heard far more slapback than PA. I was also able to step on the system pretty hard during our set, and it was pretty remarkable sounding, until my monitor guy called up on the shout box and told me to turn it down. Eh, can't win them all.

I mixed on a system dB provided thru Spectrum in Asheville the second weekend in December. The arrays themselves are incrediblely cardiod, and during the demo the night before at the US Cellular Center standing on deck you heard far more slapback than PA. I was also able to step on the system pretty hard during our set, and it was pretty remarkable sounding, until my monitor guy called up on the shout box and told me to turn it down. Eh, can't win them all.

I hope you just shouted "What?" at him.

I am very interested to hear this system.