Digico SD9 External overview screen not remembering position

Anthony Warren

Freshman
Aug 22, 2012
Hi,
We have an SD9 at my church and have been trying to get the external overview screen working.
When a monitor is connected it shows the Digico logo but not the Overview screen elements.
Now, we've found that if we right click on the external screen and call up the Windows display properties, the screen can be made to work by dragging the screen so it is logically positioned above monitor 1 (the internal screen).
So far so good - Overview screen elements now display correctly!

However, the desk does not remember these settings when it's shutdown so we have to correct them each time we need to.

Has anyone had similar experience or knows of a way to enable it to happen automatically?
(For reference the external monitor is permanently connected, not unplugged each time).

Thanks,
Anthony

Sent from my Nexus 5

Re: Digico SD9 External overview screen not remembering position

Hi Anthony
Your console is protected by a program and someone has reset it without seeing up the external monitor. As such it will not look for the screen on power up ( this goes for all single screen SD series consoles). To get back up and running please contact me at my email [email protected] and i will get you back up and running correctly.

Chip

Hi,
We have an SD9 at my church and have been trying to get the external overview screen working.
When a monitor is connected it shows the Digico logo but not the Overview screen elements.
Now, we've found that if we right click on the external screen and call up the Windows display properties, the screen can be made to work by dragging the screen so it is logically positioned above monitor 1 (the internal screen).
So far so good - Overview screen elements now display correctly!

However, the desk does not remember these settings when it's shutdown so we have to correct them each time we need to.

Has anyone had similar experience or knows of a way to enable it to happen automatically?
(For reference the external monitor is permanently connected, not unplugged each time).

Thanks,
Anthony

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hi Anthony
Your console is protected by a program and someone has reset it without seeing up the external monitor. As such it will not look for the screen on power up ( this goes for all single screen SD series consoles). To get back up and running please contact me at my email [email protected] and i will get you back up and running correctly.

Chip

Greetings, Salvatore-

I'm curious as to why both DigiCo and Midas seem to not want support and restoration information disclosed on public forums.

It looks so much like a "members only are worthy of information and help" club that it leaves a negative brand impression with me.

In DiGiCo's defense on this topic, the protection mechanism for the underlying OS isn't something one can defeat by accident. Any instructions they provide which direct the user to disable the protection also point out the steps necessary to ensure the overview screen is set up correctly.

Greetings, Salvatore-

I'm curious as to why both DigiCo and Midas seem to not want support and restoration information disclosed on public forums.

It looks so much like a "members only are worthy of information and help" club that it leaves a negative brand impression with me.

I can't speak to the Midas stuff but the DiGiCo stuff is easy to do IF you know what you're doing. However, get it wrong and things break. Considering how much difficulty audio people have with computer stuff (see years of problems with ip networking) I can completely understand why DiGiCo doesn't want to spray the info all over and risk making their consoles less reliable.

I can't speak to the Midas stuff but the DiGiCo stuff is easy to do IF you know what you're doing. However, get it wrong and things break. Considering how much difficulty audio people have with computer stuff (see years of problems with ip networking) I can completely understand why DiGiCo doesn't want to spray the info all over and risk making their consoles less reliable.

Salvatore replied via PM with additional info that cleared up this particular issue for me.

I'm also pleased to say that after receiving instructions, the issue is now resolved, and the screen is behaving itself as expected.
Thanks all.