Digital drive multicore.

Re: Digital drive multicore.

I need a digital drive multicore from a portable FOH-setup to the amps. I need a minimum of 2 AES, 2 network and power. So far the only one I've seen is Sommer Cable Monocat power 212.

sommer cable | SC-MONOCAT POWER | Bulk Cables | CAT.6, DMX & Power Combi-Cable

Do you know of any other cables like this?

The idea is to have it on a cable drum, Sommer have them ready made.

Linkitaly.com
I just ordered some of this for a customer...
2 digital audio lines, 2 cat 5 or cat 6, and a 12/3 a/c line

Attachments

• link_catsnake.jpg
    link_catsnake.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 0

Another vote for the Link cable. We have a 300' trunk we built for our Yamaha CL3. Cable is very flexible, not too big and the power lines are double shielded.

We've been very happy with all cable we've gotten from Link.

Cat 6 cable (shielded) and power taped to it on a drum?

These combo cables are expensive for what they are. And AES audio (and analog for that matter!) will happily travel down cat6 cable, its the right impedance and nas great CMNR thanks to the accurate twist...

Yes, there are 4 pairs in a cat 6 cable, so you could run 4 balanced lines in the cable. Realize that regular cat 6 doesn't have any shielding, as the only shield is the twists in the wires. That means running without a ground. For most uses, it's going to be fine, but I wouldn't want to use it in an uncontrolled environment.

Would it be possible to run more than one channel of analog audio along a Cat6 cable?
Since there are four pairs in a Cat-cable, it should theoretically be possible. It's something I've not thought about.

That's why my original reply said just get a 4x cat6 cable and tape power to it. You can run analog audio, digital audio, DMX, video data (with baluns) and obviously network data down a cat6...and they're available shielded as well.

That's why my original reply said just get a 4x cat6 cable and tape power to it. You can run analog audio, digital audio, DMX, video data (with baluns) and obviously network data down a cat6...and they're available shielded as well.

Bundling up cables and coiling them up is fine, but I want this on a cable drum, IME cables don't behave well taped together on drums. But I'll have a look for a power/cat6 cable with shield :)

How well does the link cable terminate? And how flexible is it?

we have a 300' run of the Gepco Pa2c. My concerns with it are its a little stiff, and the Ethernet was a bear to terminate. The jacket around the strands was very thick and barely fit into my shielded cat6 connectors. Aside from that, we have been very happy with the Gepco Cable.