DMX Splitter not recieving signal -- A/V noob here

Robutt Jenkins

Freshman
Nov 22, 2014
DMXsplitter1.jpgDMXsplitter.jpgDMXsplitter2.jpg

I work at a large commercial/residential development and am trying to get the fountain to switch light shows. Right now the DMX Splitter does not show that it is receiving signal. There are two LEDs on the DMX Split, Red for power (ON), Yellow for signal (NOPE!).

When I opened the box the only Cat-5 cable connected was Orange to DMX +, So I stripped and connected White/Orange to DMX - Still no dice.
Tried a new Cat-5 - Still no dice.

Third picture shows the lighting controls conduit has water dripping through it, was wondering if this could have caused something to short out. And is it most likely that water is coming in from the fountain -ie something is not fully caulked?

Iplayer3 connects to my PC - however I am having trouble writing the triggers on to it.

The fountain is from Georgia Fountain Company... I don't have the full specs book with me, but can pick it up if more precise info is needed.

HEERRRRLP! I've been at this for a week and have gone from knowing nothing about Iplayer-DMX to being overwhelmed with the nonsense!

Re: DMX Splitter not recieving signal -- A/V noob here

First off, cross-posting to multiple forums on a site is generally considered bad practice, as it splits responses across 2 threads.

Regarding the connections, I don't see anything connected to the DMX input in your photos. That could certainly cause issues. I also only see 2 DMX lines in use, so you could bypass the splitter entirely if you wanted to, and run directly into the 2 outputs on the iPlayer.

Water in conduits is generally a bad thing, and the source should be found and eliminated.

If you are having issues with the iPlayer, you should give Color Kinetics a call. They can walk you through configuring it, and can probably also give you some tips on troubleshooting the DMX output.