EV SX200 tweeter problem

Rob Hendry

Feb 18, 2022
London
Hi,
Trying to replace a tweeter but I can't get the cab open. 10 x screws in the side/back are Phillips but there are 4 more that are 250mm down a dark tunnel. Does anyone know if they are TORX?

Thank you for this. I have seen this doc and it does say the 4 hidden ones are Ph#5. Now I've found out just how gigantic a #5 is it explains why poking a #2 or 3 down there doesn't do anything.
Thank you for your interest I'll keep at it.

No.25 on the diagram is the one I'm looking at. Parts list indicates there are 4 of them and there are 4 deep ones. All I know is that when I poke the longest screwdriver I can find down that hole, it seems not to mate with anything.

Problem solved! Hi, person from the future researching this. The last 4 screws go in from the front, under the speaker grill - not from the suspicious holes in the back. Easy when you know how.

It takes a bit for posts to go to me in emails, I see you already solved it,
Yes I was going to say on the sx200 and sx300, there's the back perimeter screw, the ones up front top and bottom(4 total if I recall 2 top 2 bottom, I think all 4 under the grill on the 200), and the big one in the back that looks like an anchor.

Last edited: