With the latest updates in Version 1.5, I've come up with some example screenshots which might help.
Lets say after filtering, you want the mid driver to have a response of LR24 HPF minimum phase at 100 Hz and LR24 LPF linear phase at 650 Hz.
In FIR Designer,
- choose the "Direct Design" mode
- set two of the filters on the Magnitude Design tab (one to Min LRHPF 4th order & another to Lin LRLPF 4th order)
- set the filter delay and length fairly large so there is negligible error from windowing (e.g. 2048 and 4096 samples)
- export (e.g. to 24 bit wav file.)
View attachment 202086 View attachment 202079 View attachment 202078
This file will be the "Target"
In FIR Designer
- In the menu, select Project -> New
- Go to the Target tab, select File and Load the above WAV file. Set the delay to minus the filter delay from Direct Design above. (e.g. -2048 samples)
- Go to the Import tab, load your measurement, then take a look at the way I've configured the settings on the all the tabs.
- The result is you have a FIR filter that will filter the driver to meet your target magnitude and phase response, including crossovers, down to -12 dB on the sides or a little lower.
View attachment 202083 View attachment 202077 View attachment 202082 View attachment 202084 View attachment 202081 View attachment 202080 View attachment 202085
I'll email you the files too.