Furman AR 1215?

Re: Furman AR 1215?

Helpful - yes. Enough protection to trust all my gear to? No. They have limited reaction time, a fairly small operating voltage range (relative to a cruddy generator, anyway), and do nothing to stabilize the frequency. The other issue is the incredible noise that every small non-inverter generator i've ever heard makes.

Re: Furman AR 1215?

I have 4 of the ar 1215's I use for the in case of super low voltage days. I have used the 1215's on my 9 kw non inverting genny, I have run 2 crest 8200's on lower end, a 9200 on mid highs, 2 8200's on monitors, along with all processing and band and a 1000 watts worth of lights. Now the regs have no problem keeping up for the most part, when things did get a little iffy is when you start laying into the kick drum stick, or when 3 or 4 vocalists lay into the mic. The voltage would drop to 110 at times at these points, but input voltage was close to 100v.
As far as range I believe they are good from 90 to 140.
What I also do is start the genny, get it warmed up and get a no load voltage of about 125, then start turning equipment on.
Would I trust it on a digital desk, or my apb prodesk 8, no. The a&h gl comes out then.
I just did a show last weekend, This was on a regular pole mounted transformer, but it was about 500 feet away. It was a marina, no load voltage was 116, when I dug into the rig it got down to 102, but I ran 4 1215's and voltage stayed at 113 to 118 all night. 1 1215 had a crest 8200 on sub bridged and a 8200 on monitors. The 2nd did the same duty, the 3rd ran a crest 9200 on mids and 8200 on highs, the last, 4th took care of all processing, band, and led lights.
My processing rack and desk are run on a 1215 no matter what at all times, I've been to to many carnival running on even good wisper watt genny's with electricians that decide to crank or lower the voltage for some unknown reason.
As far as noise from a homedepot genny, I doubt you will here it in the pa, but you will here the genny running, lol