Generic iem combiner

Re: Generic iem combiner

I just picked up a few sennheiser iem systems and I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a cheaper combiner than the sennheiser option? A generic paddle would be cool too.

So far I just have 4 systems.

Sent from my XT907 2

Not cheaper, but probably the best on the market right now: Radio Active Designs

All paddles are generic. Buy the one you like from Shure, Sennheiser, Lectrosonics, Kaltman, PWS, Audio Technica, or RFvenue.

Mac

I just picked up a few sennheiser iem systems and I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a cheaper combiner than the sennheiser option? A generic paddle would be cool too.

So far I just have 4 systems.

Sent from my XT907 2
The AC 3 is a pretty cheap combiner. You could try to find a used Shure 4-ch combiner.
I just ordered a pair of these for testing: circular polarization antenna

Not cheaper, but probably the best on the market right now: Radio Active Designs
Very interesting stuff. Watched the video. Thanks for the link, Mac.

I remember way back when wireless mics were coming on the scene that they were all VHF. When UHF came out they were more expensive but worked much better. I'm trying to remember if that was mostly because there was less congestion at the time in UHF? As time went on UHF overtook and completely replaced VHF. So VHF wireless has all but died off now but now it's coming back.
What's also really surprising is to hear that they're using AM instead of FM! I never thought that AM would have the bandwidth or quality that FM would have, but maybe for intercom it's workable.

I'd love to know more about their stuff. Pricing would be interesting to know too.