Hints for using Wireless Workbench?

I don't often post over here in big boy land but my question seems to belong.

I am setting up Wireless workbench for a friend to use with UHF-R units. I don't have any of my own, just ULX, so I have only used the frequency coordination function where I needed to enter all my gear.

I saw on the Shure website "how to's" for lots of things but in my world I don't do most of those. I didn't see a "how to use" though.

I have it installed and it sees the 4 units I have on loan. I was able to select one and have it scan. It found the 2 transmitters I had on and I saw the spurs when I held them too close together.

Now what? I expect I can set frequencies on the receivers. What about transmitters?
I can think of one thing I would want to do is to add comments? What are tags?

Anyway, some hints on use would be helpful. My goal is to figure this out then be able to explain it to the owner in a way that means something to him.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad HD

Re: Hints for using Wireless Workbench?

You can easily program frequencies to the receivers connected to WWB, but you cannot directly program the transmitters. Transmitters are best programmed by using the InfraRed "Sync" function which is bottom of the four buttons. Open the battery compartment door of the transmitter, hold it about 6" away from the IR light on the receiver(left side of the unit) and wait until the the screen says complete. This function also programs the transmitter with the transmitter settings stored on the receiver like gain, transmit power, and power lock, etc.

You can name each Receiver/Transmitter pair with about 8 characters. Again, just as easy to program as the frequency to the receiver, and then it copies over to the transmitter during the IR Sync.