How to wrap extension cords

Re: How to wrap extension cords

That's what I do with climbing tape and some long prussic cords. Would I do that cable...... heck no.

This. I'll often do that with longer pieces of tieline as well.

That trick (sometimes called a "daisy-chain") works well for small diameter rope and webbing, but tends to cause kinks in any cordage susceptible to that, especially if pulled tight.

My director tried to convince me to do this with ours. That was quickly remedied by letting her do it a few times and then comparing how it lays.

Technically, continuous roll is the *best* method if you want to keep the cable in good condition, but it's so high maintenance that over under becomes the most efficient way in nearly all situations, especially after you tangle up over overs a few times.

Last night I had shown my brother this video and as usual he just rolled his eyes, laughed and called me a nerd.

This morning I awoke to find that all of my personal cables were hung on my door knob in a big mass. Only after untangling them from each other did I discover that he had taken the initiative and "upgraded" my cable wrapping to the newest standard:

KIMG0216.jpg

Thanks, Philippe.

Last edited:

Last night I had shown my brother this video and as usual he just rolled his eyes, laughed and called me a nerd.

This morning I awoke to find that all of my personal cables were hung on my door knob in a big mass. Only after untangling them from each other did I discover that he had taken the initiative and "upgraded" my cable wrapping to the newest standard:

View attachment 11529

Thanks, Philippe.

Wrapping mic cables like that is a perfectly good reason to get shot.