I need help

Mc danni b

Feb 26, 2020
Africa
Pls I need your help..am using zoom H4n pro with shotgun rode NTG2 doing out door shot shooting a short movie but in my post editing there a little noise of issss or abians noise..doe all noise on my outdoor shooting is reduce..but i need clean clean voice no background isss or abians..how can I achieve that..my zoom volume is on 55 on the left handside and side right hand volume is 65..need help..

Folks seem to have better luck with the shotgun mics than I do. You really need to get it in pretty close to get good levels. Was the hiss noticeable during recording? If you are using the adobe suite they have a pretty decent noise reduction in the audio software portion. It might be in your best interest to look around for a video forum as most of us on here are dealing with live production audio.

Is the noise:
A) ambient noise, breeze blowing, HVAC compressor, traffic, etc.,
or
B) electronic noise?
All electrical/electronic devices, microphones, recorders, etc. have some system noise.
If you are far from the noise source and you have to crank up the sensitivity on your recorder, you are also cranking up the system noise.
At some point, the system noise is audible.

As Ben noted, the most improvement might come from getting a microphone or two in closer to the sound source.
This will reduce both ambient noise picked up, and system noise.

Thanks and good health, Weogo