I Pad for digital console

Re: I Pad for digital console

I don't think I've ever seen this addressed, what size I pad is best for console use? 16 g - 32? Bigger?

i Like using a mini. and mines a 16Gig which is totally plenty.

Storage is only an issue when you start adding a bunch of video or audio content. Control software takes up very little space.

You also don't need a super fast iPad. The iPad 2 is still a valid contender for most stuff i've seen.

Some would prefer a larger screen for fader control, but i like how the Mini fits in my hand better. And my reading vision is still good... :)

Re: I Pad for digital console

Exactly what Brian said. If the unit is only a control surface, spending extra money on more storage space is a waste. Higher capacity doesn't change performance one bit.

The iPad 2 is functional today for most uses, but realize that Apple won't likely be offering many OS updates for that unit, so if new software comes out that requires a newer OS, you may end up out of luck.

The iPad mini is awesome because it can fit in a suit pocket, or jeans pocket. The size of the iPad air screen is a little nicer if you're actually mixing on the unit, but the mini isn't too bad for most uses.