IEM Ambiant: Small, cheap stereo microphone suggestions?

Chris BT Davis

Freshman
Mar 6, 2011
I'm looking for suggestions for small, cheap but usable stereo mic. The application is for IEM ambient mics, and I'd like something small to be able to attach to a mic stand or the like to get the localization sounding a little more correct per user vs the 'one on each corner of the stage' approach. I'm OK with dealing with an adapter cludge or building a special cable if something marketed as a camera mic fits the bill. Again it just needs to be small enough to not look silly clamped to a vocal mic stand, and it needs to be cheap enough for a sound guy to afford it as an addition to his personal IEM evangelism kit. I realize this is probably a "good, fast, cheap: pick two" situation, but here's hoping.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Re: IEM Ambiant: Small, cheap stereo microphone suggestions?

I'm looking for suggestions for small, cheap but usable stereo mic. The application is for IEM ambient mics, and I'd like something small to be able to attach to a mic stand or the like to get the localization sounding a little more correct per user vs the 'one on each corner of the stage' approach. I'm OK with dealing with an adapter cludge or building a special cable if something marketed as a camera mic fits the bill. Again it just needs to be small enough to not look silly clamped to a vocal mic stand, and it needs to be cheap enough for a sound guy to afford it as an addition to his personal IEM evangelism kit. I realize this is probably a "good, fast, cheap: pick two" situation, but here's hoping.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Superlux S502 - Thomann danske Cyberstore

This one although a blatant Schoeps copy should sound quite good.