In wall speakers

Phil Graham

Honorary PhD
Mar 10, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey all,

Previous owner of our house ran home theater wiring, and I'd like place an in-wall speaker at each location. I'd also consider any ceiling speaker recommendations that can also go in the wall.

I'm looking for recommendations on in wall speakers, and/or mounting assemblies. Must have back box and flush bezel. Something like a 6.5" coaxial. There's plenty of (junk) stuff out in the home theater space, but hopefully folks have some install-land products that they can recommend that are gems.

I've spec'ed plenty of pendant speakers over time, but not in-walls.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: In wall speakers

Tannoy and Innovox are where I would look first.

Or thicker walls, for Danley or Fulcrum!

+1 for the Tannoy in-walls.

EV also makes a in-wall version of the EVID speakers, but I can't um...speak...as to their effectiveness, since I have not used them. The rest of the EVID line is pretty darn good.

I have been fairly impressed with OWI in-ceiling speakers for lower-budget stuff. They also have an in-wall offering.

Re: In wall speakers

My church recently purchased ceiling speakers for our fellowship hall, not quite the same situation but similar.

We auditions pairs of JBL Control 24 CT Micro+, Control 26, Tannoy CVS6, Community C6 and D6.

We ended up choosing the D6's out of this list, I don't recall what we decided were second and third place.

Hope this helps,

Philip