ipod remote

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
Hello,
I have an install in a workout / gym area with a tascam cd-200 installed which has a ipod dock built in. The unit has a remote but it functions pretty poorly. I am looking for a remote for an ipod that will work from 50ish ft". I can hook up the ipod to a rca input. Just looking for something that has a decent range. Any suggestions on things people have used that worked well would be appreciated.

Re: ipod remote

Solutions range from IR extenders to an Apple Airport Express with Airplay, or a cheap old computer running itunes and then you can use an iphone or itouch over wifi as a remote.
but which solution depends on the customer and their hardware/technical expertise.
if you're talking about a small group of users it is much easier to do something simpler but more technical (if you know what I mean) but with a larger or more random group then you have to make it as straightforward as possible.

Jason

Re: ipod remote

Its pretty much a single user who wants to be able to pause forward tracks etc from 50' or so. I dont think a spare laptop is available though. Probably looking for a 100-200$ solution if it exists. The current dock is in line of site. Current remote is just not cutting it.