Lack Of Bands, Poor Ticket Sales To Blame

Mike Christy

Freshman
Mar 2, 2011
Southern Maine
www.piscessound.com
This is Unfortunate. I think Moonlight had this gig, maybe our friend Nick will chime in... - Mike

[FONT=&quot]OXFORD, Maine -- A music festival that was a big hit last summer in western Maine won't be repeating this summer.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Promoters of the four-day music and camping festival dubbed Nateva have pulled the plug for a repeat event this summer. They cited trouble assembling a lineup of bands, slow ticket sales and a lack of some venue permits. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Organizers had planned to hold the 2011 Nateva festival from Aug. 4 through Aug. 7 at the Oxford Fairgrounds in Oxford. The announced headliners were the Gregg Allman Band, Bob Weir, Thievery Corporation and Peter Wolf, among others. [/FONT]

Re: Lack Of Bands, Poor Ticket Sales To Blame

This is Unfortunate. I think Moonlight had this gig, maybe our friend Nick will chime in... - Mike

[FONT=&quot]OXFORD, Maine -- A music festival that was a big hit last summer in western Maine won't be repeating this summer.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Promoters of the four-day music and camping festival dubbed Nateva have pulled the plug for a repeat event this summer. They cited trouble assembling a lineup of bands, slow ticket sales and a lack of some venue permits. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Organizers had planned to hold the 2011 Nateva festival from Aug. 4 through Aug. 7 at the Oxford Fairgrounds in Oxford. The announced headliners were the Gregg Allman Band, Bob Weir, Thievery Corporation and Peter Wolf, among others. [/FONT]

Hello,

It's a damn shame that people can't afford to see shows any more.

Strangely.....yet, people are still paying big bucks for tickets to see Charlie Sheen's stand-up show after he totally bombed on his first show in Detroit. I guess his bitterness with Detroit, and the show's audience may have been due to the quality of dope he scored....it wasn't up to "snuff" as compared to the West Coast's.

And yes, his show sucked, I left about 10 minutes after he FINALLY got to the stage. ...glad I was comp'd....I'd hate to think he'd gotten MY money.

Hammer

ps. I hope he uses some of the tour receipts to pay for more rehab.