Lake Controller GEQ+groups.

Jan 19, 2011
Oslo, Norway, Norway
drbentsen.no
Is there a way to get access to the GEQ of modules from a group when in MESA EQ-mode?

I have a LM26, and I've been using it in contour-mode for years. Tested MESA EQ-mode today, and discovered that I couldn't access the GEQ from a group where I've assigned two modules, only the parametric. And I can't assign them to a Super Module either, which I normally do in Contour-mode to control L/R in stereo.

Is there a work-around apart from using the LM26 in Contour mode?

Re: Lake Controller GEQ+groups.

I just tried grouping two CL3way's into Group1 and two MesaEQ's into Group2 and I can still access the GEQ pages on all the modules. However the groups, by default, only have a PEQ1 overlay. You can add new overlays to the group and change them to GEQ.

I'm not sure I understand the GEQ question. Maybe years ago you added a GEQ overlay on the group and forgot that it was possible?

On the question of SuperModules. They are specifically intended for combining identical multi-way modules, that are spread across different processors (and amps, if we include the PLM's), to act and appear as one "module." And where each of the underlying modules are feeding different parts of the multiway - e.g. one processor feeding mid/highs and another feeding lows. MesaEQ's don't fit this use case.

Key differences:
- With groups, the modules in the group don't have to be the same type and the group doesn't get access to module functionality. It just provides group levels, delays, EQ overlays and limiter offsets.
- With SuperModules, the modules have to be identical AND the SuperModule has full control over ALL module functionality, including crossover frequencies, module EQ and limiters.

To your question of "is there a work-around," rather than use MesaEQ modules, you could try using an Aux module (either 1, 2 or 3). These can be combined into SuperModules.

Last edited:

AHA. you can add new overlays to a group, I didn't know that. I've by default just used it in Contour mode as a supermodule, never really put any attention to the MESA EQ mode untill now. Thanks for the info :)

Let me rephrase my question: How do I add a overlay to a group and change it into a GEQ?

Never mind, I just figured it out, it was so obvious and easy that I've simply overlooked it for all these years.

A bit embarrassing....

Thanks for your help :)

Now all I need is a new laptop with touch screen, my old Lenovo x200 is getting slow these days. Any suggestions?

No problem. Glad to help.

I haven't looked at pen and tablet PC's for quite awhile. About 4 years ago I bought a second hand Motion Computing tablet on eBay. One with the transflective screen for use in daylight. It's fast enough and with the Lake Controller switched to "daylight graphics" mode, it's quite usable.

Last edited: