LED Ellipsoidals?

Re: LED Ellipsoidals?

While the Strong Neeva is closest to the Source Four in functionality, according to their respective photometrics sheets the 26 degree S4 is significantly brighter than the 26 degree Neeva. Silas, you could look at a S4 HID with a douser or the SeaChanger Nemo Profile.

Ah, yes, making the already-overpriced regular Source Four seem affordable again. I'm sure, at some point, the prices will meet...the LED fixture can probably be made much cheaper (from a body/optics standpoint), since it no longer has a 750-watt heater inside it, and I would think that LEDs are far easier to focus than an omnidirectionally-radiating HPL.

I'm not sure about the "touch a Source Four" and have never seen the product first hand but have a look at Coemar's Ledko
http://www.coemar.com/prodotti_categoria.aspx?vmo=menu3&vmpo=dc3&str_navigazione=&id_categorie=102

IIRC seems like I saw somethink about a $2k price tag however so it does make a S4 look cheap.

Philip

It's also about 1/10 as bright as a 750W source 4. Looks like right now, it's "bright, color-mixing, imaging optics: pick 2"