Limiter settings

Jack Hawkins

May 25, 2020
Uk
Hi ya guys does anyone have any idea about limiter settings? I have Wharfedale Delta 218B subs rated at 1,600 watts continuous average powerr and they're 4 ohms. I'll be powering them with a Behringer NX6000, the Behringer can output 2,000 watts continuous at 4 ohms. I know the specs say 3,000 but that's peak and not even verified. Bench tests of the amp say it can output 2,000 watts continuous or 1,800 watts continuous at 30hz. Behringer refuse to list the input sensitivity of the amp and asking them a few times i've just been ignored everytime. But I have an RCF app on my phone that has an amplifier gain calculator and at 2,000 watts continuous into 4 ohms with the spec Behringer DOES list which is the sensitivity of 0.775v the resulting amplifier gain states 41db.

I put my subs continuous power rating in the RCF app's limiter settings calculator, 1,6000 watts, 4 ohms, and the supposed amplifier gain of 41db of the Behringer NX6000 and it says the threshold should be -0.72dbu. Does that sound correct?

Now for attack and release times i'm completely stumped because the times are very different at different frequencies so considering my subs are gonna be crossed off at 90hz and high poass filtered at 30hz what frequency do I input to get the times? 90hz? 30hz?