Load offline session to Digico D5

Jim Roach

Freshman
Jan 22, 2011
Philly
I've got a show coming up with a D5 and I'd like to build a session offline and load it on the desk. I've used D5's in the past but usually started from scratch on the actual desk.

What do I need to do to build a session offline and load it to the desk? I vaguely recall having an issue with the wrong socket files the one time I tried loading a session from a different desk before.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Load offline session to Digico D5

Have the right socket file for the console. If you didn't have the right socket file, you could still build your session with patching being the only issue (until you got on-site with the right socket file).

Also it's good to make sure you're running the same offline software version as the console you're going to be seeing. There are still D5s out there using the previous major release.

If you didn't have the right socket file, you could still build your session with patching being the only issue (until you got on-site with the right socket file).

So in theory I can build my session offline (with the default 112EX socket file), leave everything unpatched , load it to the desk (Clair socket file for 40 pair snake), patch everything and be good to go?

So...I was able to load my show complete with all patching. The console was loaded with a standard 112EX socket file so it all worked.

Thanks for the help. I was quite happy not having to start from scratch with 70 inputs and 13 stereo ear mixes.