M32-Edit randomly crashing on OSX 10.10.2

Sep 12, 2012
SW Ontario
Anybody else having this issue?

2011 Macbook Pro running Yosemite. M32-Edit crashes randomly, happens whether I am synced with a console or not.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Hi Spenser

Yeah - have had this problem intermittently ever since installing M32-Edit. I'm presently running it on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with OSX 10.10.5 and it still happens without warning. When it happened first, I sent a message to Midas regarding the problem but was simply advised that it was not an issue they were aware of and that I should try re- installing the software which I did but with no real resolution. Now when I'm running the programme (usually off-line) I just make sure that I save my work on a regular basis - sometimes my "saves" are done in time but the crash is so random and without warning that there have been a few occasions when I've lost everything. Not a happy experience!

I'm running the latest editor on my mbp mid-2009 running the latest osx with updates and it has never crashed on me.

Behringer recently told us in their forum that a new and completley rewritten editor is currently being worked on together with a new firmware, but there was no timeframe stated other than it is currently in beta:

"Since, we've been focusing on X32 EDIT 3.0 development completion, complete re-design that is going beta as of next week, the next X AIR EDIT release will have to stand in queue for a couple of more weeks. However, we will be implementing a fw update coming together the X AIR EDIT update, bringing some nice improvements for you.
Viele Grüße,
Jan"

Reactions: Scott Harris
Is there a reason you are sitting on 10.10.2? 10.10.5 is the latest release for Yosemite, and is recommended for all users. Better yet, update to El Capitan to have the latest and greatest. I don't remember ever having the app crash on me, although I don't use it all that heavily.

Is there a reason you are sitting on 10.10.2? 10.10.5 is the latest release for Yosemite, and is recommended for all users. Better yet, update to El Capitan to have the latest and greatest. I don't remember ever having the app crash on me, although I don't use it all that heavily.

El Capitan came out as I was in the middle of a theatre run that relied heavily on QLab, so at the time I opted to stay with Yosemite. Since then the upgrade has just slipped my mind, laziness I guess.

I'll try the El Capitan upgrade and report back.