Mackie dl1608

Matt Jones

Freshman
Mar 8, 2016
Has anyone on here had any synching issues with their Mackie dl1608? It always worked like a champ and then just stopped. It doesn't even charge the iPad which might lead me to believe it's on the iPad end because it hasn't been responding to certain chargers as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Mackie dl1608

Hi Matt,

I have a DL1608 and a DL32R, two Ipad-3s, an Ipad Air and an Air-2.
All units are running latest firmware, apps, etc., and they all sync fine.

Which Ipad version are you using? Everything up to date?

Have you tried closing all apps on the Ipad, doing a hard shut-down, rebooting, and only opening the Master Fader app?

Good health, Weogo

Thanks for the help guys! I haven't been able to try another iPad yet. I'm using an iPad Air and my only other one is an iPad 2 with a 30 pin dock. The only person I know with an available lightning iPad lives like an hr away and everyone else in my circle has older iPads. Crazy right? I'll track one down soon enough though. Oh and yes I've tried everything as far as closing and deleting apps all together and rebooting. I'm hopeful it's something simple but as of now I'm frustrated because it's so convenient to just grab my little mixer and iPad and head to band rehearsal. Now I have to lug along my 24 ch vlz4 along with my eq racks and processing.

Matt - have you tried resetting your DL1608? It's the white button between the ethernet port and the power cable. Try holding that in to reset your firmware, and then do a hard shutdown on your iPad (hold power until "slide to power off" appears).

Hopefully that will work.
What version of the Master Fader Software? I'm on V4 and it's been fine so far for me, albeit limited live use.

I've tried everything and I've finally figured out the issue. It basically comes down to me procrastinating and never getting the appropriate tray for the iPad to sit properly. It was still making enough contact to show it was charging but that's about it. Out of chance I raised it a bit before undocking it and saw something on screen momentarily flash which caught my eye. So I redid all the usual protocols and updated the firmwire and reboot the iPad. Something I have tried at least 20 times with no success. Only this time when I docked it I kept my hand on the iPad slightly holding it up and BAM!!!! (Synchronization). As soon as I let it go it would go out of sync. I'll be heading to GC tomorrow to see if they have any trays in stock. If not I'll order one. I can't believe that's all it was. The Lightning symbol showing that it was charging is what was throwing me off. Thanks for all your help fellas!

I've tried everything and I've finally figured out the issue. It basically comes down to me procrastinating and never getting the appropriate tray for the iPad to sit properly. It was still making enough contact to show it was charging but that's about it. Out of chance I raised it a bit before undocking it and saw something on screen momentarily flash which caught my eye. So I redid all the usual protocols and updated the firmwire and reboot the iPad. Something I have tried at least 20 times with no success. Only this time when I docked it I kept my hand on the iPad slightly holding it up and BAM!!!! (Synchronization). As soon as I let it go it would go out of sync. I'll be heading to GC tomorrow to see if they have any trays in stock. If not I'll order one. I can't believe that's all it was. The Lightning symbol showing that it was charging is what was throwing me off. Thanks for all your help fellas!
Doubt GC has it in stock. Just buy off eBay and get it probably faster.

Hi Matt,

Am glad ya figured this out.

My DL1608 has the 30 pin connector, works great with my Ipad-3.
When I dock the Ipad Air, I use a 30 pin ~ lightning adapter cable.
The only cable I have found that works is the Apple one.

Thanks and good health, Weogo

good evening

I have a mackie dl1608 mixer

I need help

can you tell me if it is possible to update the firmaware on an ipad 6 with master fader 5 and then use another old ipad with master fader 4 after the firmware update?

I wanted to keep using the 2 ipads, the one with version 5 and the one with version 4 of the master fader.

thanks