Mackie DLM8 Speaker "ERROR!" message

Kevin Reilly

Feb 5, 2021
Rosamond
I have a Mackie DLM8 Speaker that returns an "ERROR!" message every time that it powers up and does not allow music to come out of the speaker. Anybody have an idea what that actually means or is it a default message that something in its power-up bit check failed? Anyone have an idea to access parts to replace? I live about 60 miles from Los Angeles and was hoping to avoid the commute, trying to find reputable electronics house to fix, shipping the poundage, delays getting it fixed, etc. Thanks for any assistance you can provide!!

I have a Mackie DLM8 Speaker that returns an "ERROR!" message every time that it powers up and does not allow music to come out of the speaker. Anybody have an idea what that actually means or is it a default message that something in its power-up bit check failed? Anyone have an idea to access parts to replace? I live about 60 miles from Los Angeles and was hoping to avoid the commute, trying to find reputable electronics house to fix, shipping the poundage, delays getting it fixed, etc. Thanks for any assistance you can provide!!
It needs to be serviced by a shop that has Mackie Parts access. Only 60 miles from L.A.? Drive that puppy to the city... You'll spend more time and money fooling with packing and shipping. Have the repair shop ship it back if you don't want to drive down for the pick up.

Contacted one, but, since it's before the holidays, haven't had a response since I called and sent an email detailing the challenge. They said they would contact Mackie to see if they could get the part, but they haven't called back yet. It's been a bit over a week now. I'll give them a call again to see as they haven't outreached. Looks like the only option at this point. Thanks!!