Midas M32 MP3 tracks from USB link to a scene???

Laurent Devignon

Freshman
Sep 17, 2015
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Midas M32 for our 400 seats theater, we rent quite often a Yamaha LS9 and it does a pretty good job. One of the option on the board, is to use a music track or SFX from the usb stick and link it to a scene. We can then create as many scenes in the LS9 as we have sound cues and run the show moving from cue to cue. I notice that this option is not available on the M32. Anyone worked around this in some way? Is it maybe just a software tweek (Mr. Midas?)? I would like to find out before we get the board if that will be a possibility in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks,

Laurent

Re: Midas M32 MP3 tracks from USB link to a scene???

I've not tried it, but there are unpublished OSC commands for triggering playback of sound files from the USB stick, so perhaps those have an equivalent command which could be put in a Snippet file and fired from a cue. There is a website with all those commands on it, which I'm sure you can find reference to in the main X32 thread. Note that that the sound files have to be 16-bit stereo WAV at the same frequency that the board is currently running at (44.1 or 48) - it won't play MP3s.

Thanks guys,

I will check the x32 threads for those command snipets. Also the M-32 I tested was 2.10. Maybe the 2.14 upgrade allows me to do this.

Thanks guys,

I will check the x32 threads for those command snipets. Also the M-32 I tested was 2.10. Maybe the 2.14 upgrade allows me to do this.

Hello Laurent,

The M and X series gear only records and plays back in .wav not MP3.
As of now, there is no feature that allows scene control for play back to the desk.
That would be a possible additional feature we could add in the future.
Hope this helps.

Best,

Kyle Chirnside
Senior Manager, Applications
MUSIC Group
MIDAS

Thanks for the response. Yes I do hope that this feature is added to an upcoming software upgrade.
Any idea if this is in the works?