Midas X32r and Behringer S16

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
Taking order of a Midas X32r to replace my old trusty mix wizard. Thought I read somewhere you can use the Behringer S16 stage box with this unit. Hoping that is the case as intending to use this weekend. Is there any considerations to using?

Pretty sure I've read that they are compatible. Sure enough to suggest testing. :)

That was some of the reading/research before I bought mine. I picked up the M32R & an M32. Saw how they can both sync up to a stage box and the M32R used for monitor mix, without splitters and that was the final item to make the choice. Haven't used either one yet, have full time job, putting business together on weekends - getting ready to "retire" from aerospace and transition back into sound and lighting.

Please do post results - hopefully, they are good.

Taking order of a Midas X32r to replace my old trusty mix wizard. Thought I read somewhere you can use the Behringer S16 stage box with this unit. Hoping that is the case as intending to use this weekend. Is there any considerations to using?

Ben - ALL x32 and m32 mixers are compatible with - and connect to - each other, as well as ALL stage boxes (s16, s32, sd8, sd16, dl16, dl32) and p16m personal monitor mixers and ultranet devices. You will have to have them routed correctly, but the system is rock solid.
Cheers,
-Tim T

Yes, they work as they should. Just be sure to stay with the correct cable spec. Cat5E with Bonded to each other ethercon connectors. There is a "slight" sound difference between the S16 and DL16 (I have both) but I use either.
DougMidas Behringer stage boxes.jpg