MiPro iem Sennheiser XS?

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
Looking to get into a rack of wireless in ears. As usual looking for an affordable option. Thinking the Senny G4s or Shures might add up a little too high for me.
I know the XS are pretty new on the market but I have heard a few suggestions that the MiPro get some good reviews. Anyone have any input? I know sometimes its a buy once cry once situation so I will keep that in mind.I am going to be running a rack of ten so will have to consider antenna combiners. I am in on the G4 wireless mic series and have been pretty happy with that.

The real snag is total channels - do you have many other wireless units? Mi-Pro claim 12 channels in the normal wireless bands? Can you find the available channels - and often mixing makes really messes up the stability. The system spec seems pretty normal, but from personal experience, any flutters or splooshes in your ears is a real killer. Ideally - I'd prefer to split mics and guitars to one system and have the IEMs in a different band. Wifi concerns me - so much happens in that band now with everyone running production apps that I've turned a deaf ear to a visiting show to our venue complaining about the wifi being terrible, when I know it's our digital handheld mics - they never suffer from interference, but they sure as hell cause it!

I have to double check the band our wireless handhelds are on. I think with the sennheiser stuff the A band is often priced a couple hundred bucks cheaper per unit. I likely did that. It probably makes sense to stick with the same brand for everything. You make a great point about splitting the bands.