More inputs on midas pro1

Jon Norberg

Freshman
Jan 25, 2014
From midas FAQ on the pro1 page:

Q. How many inputs does the PRO1 have?
A. The standard system has 24 analogue inputs, patchable to up to 64 processing channels, depending upon console configuration (see section 3.1)

How do I get 64 processing channels? I understand that I have to flip the 16 aux in some way, but I cant find it in the manual.
I have the dl251 and want to use more channels but not so many auxes.

Re: More inputs on midas pro1

How do I get 64 processing channels? I understand that I have to flip the 16 aux in some way, but I cant find it in the manual.
I have the dl251 and want to use more channels but not so many auxes.

This is probably in the wrong forum, but I'll let the Mods move it.

As far as the Pro1 situation, the surface has 24 inputs but can do 48 channels (40 + 8 aux returns). If you add those to the fact that you can patch the aux mix buses as independent inputs, you get your 64.

40 "channels"
8 "Aux return channels"
16 "Aux mix busses"

= 64 "processing channels"

I can't claim to having ever tried this, but if you have the DL251 available it's at least worth the shop time.

So its just at patch thing? Inputs patched to "aux insert return" or maby "aux direkt in"? Does not seem to work when I try in the offline editor.

"Aux Direct in" seems to work. You get EQ and comp, and if you use Matrix as monitorsends the Aux master will work just like a channel. Cool!