Need higher channel count.

John Chiara

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Troy, NY
For the last few weeks I have been mixing live performances for streaming using an X32. Future events may require more channels and I was wondering about digital consoles with more inputs and decent iPad control.
One event is still on line to check out.
www.americansongbook.org. Go to 'In The Penthouse' and click on Shaina Taub. This is a live mix from in the room with iPad control and wearing In Ear monitors. Big challenge is the PA in the room is pretty loud! I really need the iPad capability that I have with the X32 as these events are one offs...just a sound check before the show so visual interaction is crucial.
Budget may be limited and I have multiple X32's already. We also may need to multitrack some events..which we were doing with X32-FW-MacBook- Reaper.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Need higher channel count.

I used three X32 together to have 64 channels available with main busses, mono, and eight monitor busses.
two are used for mixing and the third was used for summing the mixbusses of the two other.
on the ipad i used the x32-mix as well as the m32-mix which allowed me to switch between the two main mixers.
you can also use the mixingstation and mixingstation donate version to have access to the two.
on the mac i used the aggregate device function to record from both main mixers. On PC this can also be done via ASIO4ALL.