New website Merlijn van Veen, home of the Subwoofer Array Designer calculator

Merlijn van Veen

Freshman
Jun 17, 2013
Hi everybody,

I’d like to thank Bennett Prescott of Sound Forums for the opportunity to announce my new website

www.merlijnvanveen.nl

home of the Subwoofer Array Designer calculator.

S.A.D._V1.3.jpg

This free spreadsheet is the Swiss Army knife for subwoofer configurations. It helps you design, in real-time, cardioid configurations like end-fired and gradient. Physical (arc) and delayed (straight) horizontal arrays.

You can use up to 12 speakers with omnidirectional, cardioid, super-cardioid and figure-eight speaker patterns. Apply low- and high-pass filters. Look at arrival times both absolute and relative.

It displays frequency and phase responses for 7 microphones. Shows you SPL and polar plots. Lastly, nearly everything can be normalized in order to see relative differences.

file type: Microsoft Excel Open XML spreadsheet (.xlsx) minimum requirements:

Win - Excel 2007 or higher
Mac - Excel 2008 or higher

For a more in-depth examination visit www.merlijnvanveen.nl and download the 71-page manual containing 5 tutorials.

New website Merlijn van Veen, home of the Subwoofer Array Designer calculator

My website, home of the Subwoofer Array Designer, is finally up and running again after some serious unfortunate downtime today. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,

Merlijn

NEWS: Subwoofer Array Designer V1.4 released!

With pleasure I would like to announce that SAD V1.4 is available for download at www.merlijnvanveen.nl.

This latest version of SAD enables you to export the designs into Meyer Sound's MAPP Online Pro for increased accuracy based on real speaker data.

Please refer to the addendum to the manual for more information.

Sincerely,

Merlijn van Veen

SAD_V1.4_animated_no_MS_logo.gif

Last edited:
equal-loudness calculator

Hi everybody,

I'm happy to announce that I've made a new calculator displaying equal-loudness contours in accordance with ISO 226:2003. It allows you to normalize to any contour and see the relative differences.

The equal loudness contours from the calculator are now also available for Smaart v.7. Both tab delimited text and trace files are available for download at the website.

https://www.merlijnvanveen.nl/index.php/en/calculators/59-equal-loudness

equal-loudness.jpg

10549144_1946715268802532_6707754908266357760_o.jpg

Re: equal-loudness calculator

Merlijn,

Please either post to your blog or to the forum, not both. These large graphics do not scale because you keep them hosted on your server instead of uploading them to ours, so they take up a huge amount of screen real estate in previews. I have gone through and changed all the links so they are hosted with us, clicking on any image will bring up the full size version.

Re: New website Merlijn van Veen, home of the Subwoofer Array Designer calculator

Understood, will do from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for the explanation and resolving the problem. I had no idea.