New Yamaha CL firmware released 1.61

Kevin Hoober

Freshman
Jul 13, 2011
Brandon, MS
Copy and paste from Yamaha:

Important Notice for CL Series & R Series (August 6)

With V1.60 firmware, we found that CL consoles may partially lose HA gain control of R series units after being powered on for a long period of time. We have released the new firmware V1.61 in which the serious problem was fixed, and strongly recommend to update your CL/R series units with V1.61.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Guess I now have new plans for tomorrow afternoon,
Kevin H.
Sent from my iPad HD

Re: New Yamaha CL firmware released 1.61

Copy and paste from Yamaha:

Important Notice for CL Series & R Series (August 6)

With V1.60 firmware, we found that CL consoles may partially lose HA gain control of R series units after being powered on for a long period of time. We have released the new firmware V1.61 in which the serious problem was fixed, and strongly recommend to update your CL/R series units with V1.61.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Guess I now have new plans for tomorrow afternoon,
Kevin H.
Sent from my iPad HD

I looked at the Yamaha site a couple of hours ago and didn't see news of the update. Maybe they just posted it. (Yup, there it is...)

Let me know how it goes. I'm out of town until Wednesday, then I have a show to get out the door for Thursday. Maybe I can get to ours then, or Friday.

G

Yeah, it's about F-ing time...

But I have one day back at work before I go on vacation for three weeks, so I'll wait it out a while longer and upgrade after I get back...you you suckers test it out for me! :lol:

I looked at the Yamaha site a couple of hours ago and didn't see news of the update. Maybe they just posted it. (Yup, there it is...)

Let me know how it goes. I'm out of town until Wednesday, then I have a show to get out the door for Thursday. Maybe I can get to ours then, or Friday.

G

They ever get that pesky 'Preview' mode working?

The Preview function has been working for us and Kevin (I drive a CL in his house every other Sunday, too) since 1.51. I've played with it a little, but I plan to dive into it deep while updating our CL this week(end?). We've been working so much with the CLs, I got them up and running for basic Kombat Audio shows and events, plus a couple of sessions with Nuendo, but there's several little things about it I need to dig into (yes, a year later...)

Geri O