Nexo RS15 vs RS18 / Practicality vs Wow Factor

Pietro Mineo

Freshman
Jun 29, 2015
Hi guys, I run a busy band and looking at upgrading my subs. I have the opportunity to purchase either sub at really good prices but I can't make my mind up which to go for but they'll be playing under PS15 R2s. Venues wise they can vary massively, from say a 200 cap to 500+++; obviously from the 1000 cap mark we hire in. Repertoire varies from Motown to dubstep.

But then there're the issues of weight and size of the RS18, are they worth the trade off and if I change my mind after purchase how easy are they to shift?

Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Nexo RS15 vs RS18 / Practicality vs Wow Factor

One of the wedding bands I work with uses the PS15's and the LS1200 subs. He's using the Analog crossover with Lab Gruppen FP amps.

Before I bought my Fulcrum FA22ac, I was looking at a Nexo system and my plan was to run PS15-R2 (x2), LS18 (x2) & NX4x4 (x1).

The wedding band performs everything from Jazz to Today's Top 40 for 150-300 guess in Ballrooms.

Re: Nexo RS15 vs RS18 / Practicality vs Wow Factor

Hi guys, I run a busy band and looking at upgrading my subs. I have the opportunity to purchase either sub at really good prices but I can't make my mind up which to go for but they'll be playing under PS15 R2s. Venues wise they can vary massively, from say a 200 cap to 500+++; obviously from the 1000 cap mark we hire in. Repertoire varies from Motown to dubstep.

But then there're the issues of weight and size of the RS18, are they worth the trade off and if I change my mind after purchase how easy are they to shift?

Thanks in advance guys!

The RS18 and PS15-R2 are a great combo and compliment each other well.
The RS15 is a good sub as well but you will definately enjoy the RS18 if you get it
1 * NXamp4x4 would power 2 subs and 2 tops very well - note that you would have to do some special wiring as the RS subs are wired for all 4 pins so they can do cardioid modes easily.

db