Nice weekend with the band "Chamberlin" from Vermont

Douglas R. Allen

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Maine USA
Every once and awhile its nice to have an easy show. I provided sound for "Chamberlin" out of Vermont this weekend and had a nice, relaxed time.

Chamberlin - Bitter Blood - Live at House of Blues Chicago - YouTube

The band knew what they wanted as far as their own monitor mixes and was easy to please . Very down to earth people. The plus was a great show was put on for everyone. Should you happen to run into them on the road be ready for a nice time.
Left the venue with that "Yup,that was a good night" feeling.

Sorry for the low quality pictures.

Douglas R. Allen

Attachments

• Chamberlin Sound Check 01.JPG
    Chamberlin Sound Check 01.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Chamberlin Sound Check 03.JPG
    Chamberlin Sound Check 03.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
Re: Nice weekend with the band "Chamberlin" from Vermont

Been a while since I've seen so many goosenecks in use. was the band carrying?

Every once and awhile its nice to have an easy show. I provided sound for "Chamberlin" out of Vermont this weekend and had a nice, relaxed time.

Chamberlin - Bitter Blood - Live at House of Blues Chicago - YouTube

The band knew what they wanted as far as their own monitor mixes and was easy to please . Very down to earth people. The plus was a great show was put on for everyone. Should you happen to run into them on the road be ready for a nice time.
Left the venue with that "Yup,that was a good night" feeling.

Sorry for the low quality pictures.

Douglas R. Allen

My wife has been a multi-year attender on The Rock Boat, and this year I also took the cruise. Chamberlain was one of the first-time bands on the cruise this year. I happened to have an hour to talk to them, as the band and myself had the same idea to sit in front of the bridge on the cruise ship hoping to catch a glimpse of entering the Gulf of Mexico before sunset.

Wife and I had never heard of them before, and they ended up being one of our favorite acts from the cruise. Nice guys who went to college together. They've got a very solid debut. If you like Ray Lamontagne or My Morning Jacket, you'll dig these guys.

Been a while since I've seen so many goosenecks in use. was the band carrying?

No. Everything was mine. Kind of a long story but I "did" have that weekend off. I had a bunch of my stuff out with friends and family thinking I wouldn't need it. There was a sound company from Canada that was gong to do the show who backed out. I got the call. I scraped up everything I could to get it done.
The bands requirements were pretty straight forward.
5 monitor mixes.
22 inputs
Those 3 goose neck mic stands and some OnStage ( yea I know.) stands was what I had left to get it done.
For microphones it was Om3s and Heil 22s on vocals
E609s on guitars
D6 bass drum
EV pl35 on toms
57 snare
Sen. on high hat
D6 Kick
Didn't need overheads in that small room.
0m5 on keyboard amp.
Bass DI direct
They had backline.

2 Powered Peavey monitors for the front
1 Yamaha powered MS400 for the drummer.
1 Yamaha powered MS400 for the keys
Passive peavey monitor off a 20+ year old cs800 for base guitar player.

I got by with what I had and it ended up sounding pretty good. I aligned the mains to the keyboard players monitor. I setup from a stage plot I found online.
Not a pretty setup I know but it ended up being fine. It really came down to if I couldn't do the show there was going to be no show at all.

Douglas R. Allen

Attachments

• Balloon Fest setting up 01.JPG
    Balloon Fest setting up 01.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Balloon Fest setting up 02 ( My desk in the back).JPG
    Balloon Fest setting up 02 ( My desk in the back).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: