Now this is how you write a FAQ!

Re: Now this is how you write a FAQ!

A link from my friend who is about to do a clutch replacement in his Subaru:

Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - DIY: Clutch Replacement pictorial

There are FAQs on repairs for my cars on their respective forums, but nothing that holds a candle to this for clarity and depth.
So now it is YOUR turn. Write one for system alignment or mixing-with as much detail and specifics.

I do wish I could find that kind of information on all of my auto repairs when I need it.

sweet....

I find myself making many DIY repairs, and it is sometimes surprising how many repair parts you can find for broken appliances if you let your fingers do the walking (WWW & google). Sometimes the repair parts are not much of a bargain, but if the old product is a good soldier, restoring it to full function is worth the effort and cost. Especially if a cheap modern replacement is shoddy.

Sometimes there is incomplete advice with repair parts. For example a few months ago I rebuilt a chainsaw whose fuel lines were disintegrated by ethanol. The repair advice said to cut the new lines to same length as the old ones.. :), since the old ones were crumbled small pieces, that plan was inadequate.

Nice work on that clutch repair manual... that guy needs to be working in some companies service dept, if he isn't already.

JR

That reminds me of the write ups on PassatWorld. That place was awesome for any problems I had with my b5 till the site was sold to new owners who chased all of the old users away.

Outstanding attention to detail and clarity of explanation. I wonder how many hours it took to create that slide show with instructions, it was obviously done during actual repair jobs. Very encouraging to see someone transcending the "get it done now and get it done cheap" mentality that has taken over, and actually doing an excellent job. This is a guy that says he wants to keep his 11 year old car for 10 more years, I like that approach.