One PSU for multiple Senni G3 IEM's

Daniel Nickleski

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
www.soundworkspro.com
Is there any PSU out there that spiders out to 8 12vDC outputs? I have an IEM rack with 8 EW300 G3 Transmitters in it and don't want to have 8 wall worts in it. I know the AC2 distro will provide power to them, but I am using the 3200 which does not supply power over BNC. Anyone know of anything I could get to clean this rack up?

Thanks!

Re: One PSU for multiple Senni G3 IEM's

1RU, 18 outputs, 12v, up to 10A total.

19 inch 12V DC Rackmount Power Supply, 18 Ports, Screw Type, 10 Amps - PI Manufacturing Corp.

You'd have to hack up the existing PSUs for the connectors or find new input connectors, but it's plenty of channels.

Magenta Research also makes a smaller 1/2U wide 6 channel 12v PSU.

Mini Dense Pack Universal 5V/12V Rack Mount Power Supply | Magenta Research

Since the current consumption of the G3 Tx is only 350mA, either would work.

Wish building something was as easy as it sounds, but I don't have much free time to source all the parts. And this is a touring rack so I really would rather buy something "pro" to do it with. Brian, I like the rack mount supply. Looks like that is my best bet right now.

I believe Sennheiser make one. I did the same thing and sennheiser provided something. I think it was 2 4-way power supplies though...

Give them a call...

The standard Sennheiser wall-wart that comes with those units is about the size of an iPad, with a plug on the front. Nothing that you'd want hanging off *any* kind of power strip.

That's one thing that Senny does that just drives me up a wall. I love the G3 system but I don't get why they have to have such stupid plugs. Shure uses inline transformers on basically all of their products and it's so much easier to deal with when you're dressing out a rack.

That's one thing that Senny does that just drives me up a wall. I love the G3 system but I don't get why they have to have such stupid plugs. Shure uses inline transformers on basically all of their products and it's so much easier to deal with when you're dressing out a rack.

I have both the Sennheiser AC2 and Shure US844 antenna distribution system; both have the stupid 120v to 12v power supply. I'd rather see an IEC plug on the back of these units instead of the 12v plug connectors.

I have both the Sennheiser AC2 and Shure US844 antenna distribution system; both have the stupid 120v to 12v power supply. I'd rather see an IEC plug on the back of these units instead of the 12v plug connectors.

There is one benefit to this design: I once got through a gig with a CB radio power supply (thanks to the gosh darn futhermuckers at Sennheiser who package the AC2 WITHOUT the power supply.)

You can get a slot-in adaptor for the NT1, that makes it inline, or you can just buy the NT3, it will work fine with the ASA1 splitter.
mpp_plug_iec.jpg
MPPPLUG/IEC (1809281) FRIWO | SOS electronic

Last edited: