Overhead Rigging in Beaumont/Houston Area

Chris Delcambre

Freshman
Mar 11, 2013
Hi there,

I have a couple questions about overhead rigging.
Let me preface this with I am in no way shape or form going to try overhead rigging as I am not a certified rigger.

I am looking at possibly getting some overhead rigging done for a couple of shows I have coming up.
What are some good companies that do this around the Beaumont/Houston/Austin area???
Do they provide the motors, bridals etc???
We have a local IATSE Union 183, however I do not believe they do rigging. Its a stagehands and techs union.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.
Chris Delcambre

Re: Overhead Rigging in Beaumont/Houston Area

What are you trying to accomplish? Temporary hanging of production or a permanent installation?

The IATSE Local can provide certified riggers, but you are correct that the Local does not hire out equipment.

We're working on an arena pre-rig for an Artist You've Heard Of®. The venue is new and temporarily presents some challenges that, combined with artist travel itinerary, requires motors hanging upon arrival. Just shy of 70 points.

You might call LD Systems in Houston, talk to their rigging department and see if they can help you or refer you to someone who can.

Re: Overhead Rigging in Beaumont/Houston Area

What are you trying to accomplish? Temporary hanging of production or a permanent installation?

The IATSE Local can provide certified riggers, but you are correct that the Local does not hire out equipment.

We're working on an arena pre-rig for an Artist You've Heard Of®. The venue is new and temporarily presents some challenges that, combined with artist travel itinerary, requires motors hanging upon arrival. Just shy of 70 points.

You might call LD Systems in Houston, talk to their rigging department and see if they can help you or refer you to someone who can.

Its a temporary hang of an upstage truss, downstage truss, and 2 line array hangs. Probably a total of 7-10 pick points depending on number of bridal points and 6-7 motors. I have all the trussing. Just do not have any motors, bridal cables, or the knowledge to do this safely...