Pkn 3phase-40k

Re: Pkn 3phase-40k

Anyone saw these? looks too nice to be real..

View attachment 3914
View attachment 3915

4x 10000W at 2.6R & 3x 400VAC powered

PKN Controls

Hi,
I saw the unit in Frankfurt, it was not working, no main power, the display was feed by an external source, nevertheless I have no doubt about Peter Papp.
For the money of one 3phase-40k I can buy 4,5 XE6000, started with two leaving this tool for the big boys

Uwe

I have not seen these monsters yet but recently spoken to friends who was familiar with the matter.
I think more amps are always better than a single big one, anyways the PKN XE6000 is very nice piece of hardware.
Our company owns several of them (and XD too).

Heard a lot of good things about XD6000, and it's less than 50% of the price for a FP14000. Might have to do an A/B one day. Don't know about the rest of their range.

The FP14000 is very popular and a bit more powerful than XD6000 but only in short peaks however the average power capabilities of Lab supply are not really stronger than PKN and far older technology despite the massively sized ferrite transformer.
The Lab has no power factor correction and has ugly current peaks (diesel generators do not really like it..) but has better signal to noise ratio
"Class TD" idea in the Labs sometimes not so good on certain type of speakers and cabs therefore I know companies moved to Powersoft K series and/or PKN
The PKN has higher efficiency due lack of lossy extra AB class amplifier however probably has higher THD.

I really respect Labgruppen and their users but compared the local prices I can get almost 3x XD6000 or 2x XE6000 for a price of a FP14000 so it is not a question what we bought :)