please, question on how i can publish my music

Mar 11, 2013
salonica
hi to all,

i am katerina papanikou from greece and i really feel very lucky that i have discovered your excellent forum.

i am a young piano player and i like to start doing my own music productions mainly ballet, film and documentary and electronic music.

i am planning soon to build my own project studio.

please, i ask to know some things on how i can publish my own music and sell it directly or online.

yes, i know the basics about copyrights and i ask please to know if i have to registered with my local prs or any similar office for copyrights.

a friend of mine told me that i have to pay an annual subscription to the copyright office and also i have to pay for several other expenses like commissions,lawyers, contracts etc, a very large amount of money for me for the moment.

recently i have receive a number of inquires from a ballet schools for a series of cd's with ballet music for exercises and from two clients who done short documentary films who ask me to compose the music.

can i publish my music by myself and bypasses any prs office with all those expenses ?

i dont know yet what money i have to ask for those projects but certainly the money i will ask does not cover all the relevant prs and any other expenses so please i would like to have your guidance and how i can proceed in this partcicular situation.

i have to explain that for the moment i will use only sampled and loop sounds fom music & computer, and future music magazines.

all those samples are copyrighted free.

i found a good choice to use those samples and loops for my projects for the time being.

i thanking you very much in advance.

regards to all

katerina