Powersoft K10 analog to AES

Aug 9, 2011
Gothenburg, Sweden
Last week I tried to get a rack of four K10s to pass signal between them over the RJ45-ports on the back of the amps. It worked fine as long as the first amp got an AES-signal, but what I want to do is input analog into the first amp, have it do the A/D and forward that signal to the other amps. From reading the manual I'm not certain that this is supposed to work, but there is an instruction video on the Powersoft website where they appear to be doing what I want to accomplish.
Has anyone done this successfully?

Re: Powersoft K10 analog to AES

Last week I tried to get a rack of four K10s to pass signal between them over the RJ45-ports on the back of the amps. It worked fine as long as the first amp got an AES-signal, but what I want to do is input analog into the first amp, have it do the A/D and forward that signal to the other amps. From reading the manual I'm not certain that this is supposed to work, but there is an instruction video on the Powersoft website where they appear to be doing what I want to accomplish.
Has anyone done this successfully?

No this is not possible, With the K Series DSP+AESOP product, the input signal must be AES into the first amplifier (transmitter) to forward onto the AESOP network to the other amplifiers (receivers) over the ethernet ports - as there is no A/D converter dedicated in the amplifier to do the function you would like - without getting an external Analog to AES converter. - Ken