Push to talk wireless headset microphone

Mike Brown

Sophomore
Feb 7, 2012
I am scratching my head here looking for a product that will accomplish what I need it to do... here is the situation:

A international touring artist is playing a show that will be the performer, a music director sometimes playing piano, and backing tracks. Both the performer and the music director will be on IEMs.

The music director has requested a headset microphone (as invisible as possible.... I'm thinking like a DPA 4088 etc) that has a non-latching push to talk function. He uses this microphone to speak to the performer during the show. He will also be mobile, spending some of the show apparently out at FOH and occasionally behind the piano on stage so I believe that this will need to be a wireless microphone or something that can be adapted into a wireless mic pack.

Anyone know of a product that would be like this? The path of least resistance would be to hook up a DPA 4088 into a Shure UR4D bodypack and just have him flip the switch on or off, but this isn't push to talk.... Any ideas?

Thanks!