QL/CL Cue operation

Coming from the 5D, where a cued mix output would be overridden by a channel cue. When the channel was uncued, the cue would revert back to the output cue. VERY useful when doing monitors.

Is there any way to do this on the CL/QL?
First show on the QL, and what I've found is clearing the channel cue also clears the output cue, so I have to go back and re-cue the output.
Annoying, but not as annoying as the problem where I can't seem to get a mix cued by double-tapping the "Sends on Fader" buttons to the left of the touchscreen. It seems like I have to use the touch screen to re-cue an output. Have to experiment more in "non-show" mode to see why I can't re-cue a mix output using the Sends on Fader buttons.

I THINK I can cue a mix if nothing is cued by hitting the Sends on Fader button 3 times (first selects, 2nd enables sends-on-fader, 3rd cues mix) but for some reason it seemed like if I cue a channel while in Sends on Fader mode, I can't get back to my cued mix without using the touchscreen.

I could be wrong, as I say, I was in show mode, so if anyone has any insight into this, let me know.

Re: QL/CL Cue operation

On the CL (and I assume the QL) if you can stand to run in Cue Mix mode output cues will not get canceled when an input is cued. In Cue Mix mode there are four levels of priority for the cue audio bus (Other, Input, DCA, Output) so when you have an output cued, then cue up an input, the output cue audio goes away until the input cue is canceled.

The touchscreen cue meter will still cancel all cues when pressed.

Page 102 in the CL Reference manual explains it better than I have.