QSC GX7 Amp

Ryan Grandusky

Freshman
Jan 14, 2011
Temple, Tx
I got my GX7 amp and figured I'd share some pics of its guts and a simple review of the amp for anyone who wants to see.

The amp came in a few weeks ago and I've had some time to use it a few times. I purchased this amp as a light weight alternative to the RMX amps I was using to cover the lows on a pair of EV QRX 115 cabs. I chose this amp over the PLX 3602 mostly because of cost, it's light weight, and it's simple features met my needs.

I have never personally used any of the GX series amps from QSC but I have seen them in use by others who are happy with them. After having used this amp I am a fan. For the cost and the power output this amp was a good purchase for me. This amp doesn't have the features of other QSC amps such as the RMX and PLX lines, however, it fits my needs of running at minimum 4 ohm stereo and not needing to be bridged.

The quality is on par with QSC and identical to the other GX series amps I have seen. To compare the GX7 puts out 50 watts less than the PLX 3602 at 1kHz 8 ohms and 250 watts less at 1 kHz 4 ohms meaning the PLX 3602 would fair a little bit better in 4 ohm stereo. The GX7 weighs just under 16 lbs compared to the PLX 3602 at 21 lbs making it lighter which is a plus for me.

In use I am very happy with this amp it drives the lows on my QRXs very well while saving my back.

View attachment 481

View attachment 482

View attachment 484

View attachment 485

View attachment 483