Qsc pl 6.0ii

Hank Staples

Freshman
Sep 16, 2011
A few weeks ago one of my employees hooked up the power distro and started plugging things in without the customary check with the voltmeter. I say plugged things in..actually he just plugged one thing in..that was one of the PL 6.0II's...and magic smoke went everywhere :roll:. Long story short we rectified the distro situation..which had sent 220 volt into the 110 PL and went on with the show with a backup amp. I brought this back to the shop where I dissassembled it. on one of the lower modules it burned a varistor and the ic chip. everything else "looked" ok on the power supply board and other modules..got it all back together tonight and Nada..I'm not an expert..so don't hate here..just looking to see what else I should look for? All the fuses check out...May pack it up and send it to QSC although I'm not sure if they still are able/willing to work on these.:x~:-x~:mad:

Re: Qsc pl 6.0ii

I got rid of my 6.0 by trading it in (working or not) to QSC for an upgrade to a 380.
You should consider the same.

Regards, Jack

Re: Qsc pl 6.0ii

I think they finally suspended that program. I don't see the forms on the website any more. I have done that with a couple I had.