QSC Touchmix 1600 question

Joe Di Prima

Dec 12, 2020
Woodruff, SC
Just purchased a QSC Touchmix 1600 mixer. Hooked up the main speakers (JBL powered). Only the left speaker has sound. No sound from RIGHT. Is there some setting I have to change in the mixer? OR, is this unit defective? I inserted the Right speaker cable into the Left channel and that works. In short there is no signal coming out of the right channel. I noticed an "L" with "AF" under the F on the main Fader. Not sure what that means. Any suggestions?

Do you have audio sending to both L & R outputs? Are both L & R showing level on the meters? Some digital mixers allow choosing which connectors get what audio busses. Is it possible that some other buss like say Aux 1 is assigned to the right out? If you've read all the directions and confirmed that audio should be available on both output ports then yes there is a problem with the mixer.

The 'L' and 'AF' indicators are for Limiter and Anti-Feedback, respectively. If they're just grey, they're disengaged. If they're illuminated in color, they're active. This shouldn't affect signal from the outputs.

Did you start with a blank slate, or is this a used unit that may have some settings? Are you on the latest firmware? Are you using a mono source that you can pan back and forth from L/R, or are you using a stereo input to check? (Is it possible it's the input cable/source?)

I don't recall being able to soft-patch the outputs as Riley suggested, but it's been a few years since I sold mine so it could've been a firmware update.