Rack mount mixer with 4 prefader auxes

Re: Rack mount mixer with 4 prefader auxes

Ding dang - I had to glance at the manual for a minute and realized that indeed there are only 2 pre AUX sends.

Slowly forgetting how the old 1604's work is a sign of progress for you as an individual and the SR community in general. Since selling mine, they still haunt me at many small venues. Fortunately I'm not usually mixing those shows, but on occasion NO ONE is mixing the shows (Open mics and dive bars). If I'm friends with anyone performing I'll try and help, and if I'm not I go elsewhere. I saw a great show at a little dive bar on Friday which still had a 1604 out front. The PA was very poorly set-up, but the soundman made the best of it.

Another local venue just sold their 1604 and bought some huge Behringer monstrosity. Many of the most interesting little venues have the worst PA's and incompetent or non-existent soundpeople, but if I'm in a good mood and the beer is cold I can usually manage to stay a while. Talented musicians manage to sound good under the most adverse conditions in my experience, while the worst ones require so much more than a better mixer or more mixes to be tolerable.

What's so hard about pressing the PRE/POST buttons on the Mackie 1604?

You already have what you're asking for.

I don't think so.

Last I checked (and I just got home from mixing a gig on this desk), only Aux 1&2 can be switched Pre/Post. The other auxes are all post - of course, on a strip you can have either 3&4 or 5&6 but not both.

The band tonight was super. A 5 piece trio
icon_smile.gif

Real nice sounding drums with a big bass drum with built in AKG D112 with external XLR and a huge port. Great sounding keys, bass, guitar and trombone.

It would have been real nice to have 3 real mixes for the 3 vocalists.

Slowly forgetting how the old 1604's work is a sign of progress for you as an individual and the SR community in general.

Agreed. Last year, I came across an early 90's original CR-1604 (not VLZ or VLZPro). And it was still working!

I ''donated'' a MixWiz off the truck. The donation was to my sanity and standards fund.